The Best Martial Art For Self Defense is Your Mind

When you get to be in a bad situation where your life is on the line, your brain becomes your best friend. There is a way to unleash the power of your mind and let out the beast. Martial arts training is more than knowing many techniques it is to open your mind to a new perspective.

You've heard the old saying that martial arts is 95% in your mind, and 5% of the art. At least that's what I was told when I started to learn to fight. What they do not say today is that in the world of wrestling, things are not what they seem. Learn to clear your mind is the best martial art for self defense.

Whatever your martial arts training can be, you and I know there is always room for improvement. Improve your perspective on how you see your attacker, which greatly increases their chances of survival. One day someone tried to attack from behind and I could feel his presence, so he turned quickly grasp the elbow, and then thrown into a stack of pallets. How could I do that, you might ask?

By developing total body awareness, I could to thwart the attack and quickly take the lead after being relaxed. A master of Tai Chi "has taught me more than 13 years ago to relax my mind and body at will. At one point in my martial arts training, I quickly realized that my mind was my best weapon. The great Bruce Lee knew the importance of a relaxed body and found that he was a much better fighter when his body was so rigid, but it was more like water or soft cotton.

In the world of street fighting, one must be able to adapt quickly to chaos and flow with it. In a street fight, if you are all caught up in focusing on techniques, you can end up getting killed. You must develop sensitivity where you can feel striker and as stated Bruce Lee, "not thinking, feeling, emotional content." I am able to win a street fight, not because of some fancy techniques, but because of being self-aware.

Even Russian martial arts emphasizes the importance of relaxation. For example, when a person gets behind you and try to give a headache, it is wise to relax and spend immediately. If you allow yourself to become hard and stiff, his opponent will be able to maneuver in a compromising position. True self defense training begins to develop the right mindset and then it is possible to handle any situation that may come your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment